Staking eth for sweth yield less than trading on DEX

Can someone please help me understand what just happened to me?
I staked 32.5 eth on the platform and received 30.91 swEth.
If i go on uniswap i can trade 32.5 eth for 31.6 sweth

did i just lose on 0.7 sweth?

swETH is a yield bearing token so it is not 1:1 to ETH. Once withdrawals are enabled by end of Feb you will be able to unstake back to ETH at its true market value regardless of the secondary market price.

So this has nothing to do with the 10% commission rate when you stake on the platform?

If I had used uniswap to swap eth for sweth instead of staking on the platform I would end up with 0.7 swETH more.

I understand its not 1:1 but staking on the platform makes no sense.

Am I missing something?

No this has nothing to do with the 10% commission rate. swETH is currently trading at a discount on the secondary market because withdrawals are not enabled. Come end of Feb you will be able to unstake swETH back to ETH at its true market value i.e. 32.5 ETH.

Thank you for your time and follow up to my questions.

Can you please explain how the 10% commission rate plays a role?
Did I pay 10% commission or not? And will there be another 10% commission for unstaking?

So i basically lost out on 0.7 sweth because I used the platform instead of uniswap where the price is more favorable to acquire sweth correct?

Thank you in advance for you attention.

The 10% comes from your staking rewards. 5% is directed to the DAO and the other 5% is directed to our Node Operators.

As swETH is trading at a discount, when you swap into it opposed to minting you are buying it at a discounted price. Once withdrawals are enabled, we expect users will arb the difference and bring the price back to peg.